Student Part-time Position at ISS April 27, 2017
WANTED! Part-time Marketing Assistant
SALARY: $11 per hour, up to 19 hours per week
HOURS: Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, including vacation and summer
OPENING DATE: April 27, 2017
CLOSING DATE: May 19, 2017
DESCRIPTION: This is a part time student position in the International Student Services (ISS) office in the Marketing and Recruitment area. The Marketing Assistant will directly support and report to the Associate Director of International Marketing. Duties include preparing and shipping printed marketing materials for prospective international students, creating digital materials i.e. PowerPoint presentations, flyers, etc., provide campus tours for prospective students and visitors, and respond to prospective students and parents inquiries via emails and over the phone. Assist with marketing and recruitment related activities such as parent orientation, scholarship ceremony, etc. Other duties include appointment making, answering phone calls, greeting office visitors, use of typical office equipment: phones, computers, and copy machine.
For information on applying, please see Application Procedures and Required Documents, below.
- Currently enrolled at Edmonds Community College
- Excellent customer service skills
- Friendly, energetic, hardworking
- Outgoing, enjoy meeting people from all over the world
- Strong verbal and writing skills in English
- Ability to multi task, accurately, in a fast paced environment
- Computer skills: Google (Apps, calendar and Gmail), Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize work, functions within timelines, and work cooperatively with populations representing diverse background, life experiences, and abilities.
- Detailed oriented and able to produce accurate work
- Preferred – Applicant remain in this position for a minimum of one year
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
Please email the following documents and any questions regarding this position to Martha Acosta-Pieters, Director of International Marketing at email@example.com
- Cover letter explaining why you want to work as a Marketing Assistant in ISS
- Completed questionnaire
- Copy of your current class schedule
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT: Physical duties entail working at a desk/computer station, operating a typewriter, personal computer, multi-line phone system and other standard office equipment. These duties require repetitive arm and hand movements including filing, assembling materials, handwriting, keyboarding, etc.; sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time; and delivering and retrieving materials on other parts of campus. Ability to lift and carry boxes up to 10 pounds that contain printed materials. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential. This includes the ability to speak clearly and fully comprehend written and spoken English, and will include communication with people for whom English is a second language.
Personal Statement Workshop – TODAY! April 24, 2017
WILL YOU WRITE A PERSONAL STATEMENT FOR A UNIVERSITY APPLICATION IN THE FUTURE?
Personal Statement Workshop
TODAY, Monday, April 24th 4:30
Snoqualmie Hall room 308
Many universities require a personal statement, or essay, when you apply for admission. Examples include:
University of Washington (all campuses), University of California (all campuses)
This workshop will include tips and suggestions to make your personal statement stand out and impress universities!
It is NOT TOO EARLY to start preparing for your university transfer!!!