International Student Services (ISS) NEWS

Edmonds Community College

OPT and Resume Writing Workshop Tuesday April 28th April 23, 2015

Join us next week for our Transfer Tuesday workshop on OPT and Resume Writing for International Students!

Optional Practical Training (OPT) is temporary employment authorization allowing F-1 students the opportunity to gain practical experience in their field of study after completing an academic degree or longer certificate program. This ISS workshop will provide information for international students currently completing their associates degree or longer certificate program and who want to work in the United States for a year before they transfer to a four-year university or return home. We will also give you tips on how to write a resume and find a job or internship.

When: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 12:30-1:30

Where: MLT 0228


ISS Programmer Job Available April 10, 2015




Primary responsibilities will include:

·         Assisting the Program Coordinator with the planning, preparation, and execution of the quarterly Welcome Orientation Week (WOW);

·         Developing quarterly programming by planning and implementing a range of activities that promote cross cultural understanding and interaction among international and domestic students;

·         Creating promotional materials for Welcome Orientation Week and a quarterly activity calendar

·         Assisting in training international assistants for Welcome Orientation Week;

·         Reserving rooms for meetings and events;

·         Attending meetings as needed with other student programmers on campus;

·         Performing other duties related to the objectives listed above as assigned by supervisor.


·         Experienced in program and activities planning

·         Demonstrated leadership abilities, organizational skills and attention to details

·         Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Excel with an interest in design

·         Strong English speaking/listening and written communication skills

·         Enthusiastic and self-motivated

·         Available to work for one academic year, including quarter breaks (Summer 2015 – Spring 2016).

NUMBER OF HOURS: Up to 19 hrs/per week

RATE OF PAY: $10. This is a part-time, hourly student position.

Please submit the following to the ISS Office, Glacier Building:

·         A current resume with any job or volunteer experience.

·         A cover letter describing how your past experiences have helped you develop skills that are relevant to the position as well as how you have been involved on campus (ISS activities, clubs, etc).

·         Unofficial Transcript.

·         Letter of Recommendation (Optional).

If you have any questions, please email Daniel at



Travel signature reminder from ISS March 11, 2015

Are you planning to travel during the spring break?

Don’t forget to get a signature on your I-20 before you go!

Bring your passport and I-20 to the ISS office

anytime during regular business hours, 9AM to 5PM M-F

No appointment or drop in visit necessary for travel signatures March 9th to 20th


Medical Insurance ID Cards Available Online

Filed under: Student Medical Insurance — ISS @ 2:25 pm


Did you know you can get your medical insurance ID card  online?

To get your health benefits, you MUST show the card when you visit the doctor.

Here are instructions on how to get the card online:

  • Please go to this website:
  • Click on Student Login for ID Card
  • Login: Input your Student ID # 958-
  • Password: Input your Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
  • Click on drop down list- “Start Here”
  • Select Online ID Card and print it

Note: please know that you may be asked to pay a $20 co-pay for a visit to a clinic, and $100 for emergency room visit. This is your responsibility. Do not pay an additional charge until the bill goes to the insurance company, after that you may have some additional charges.


Daylight Savings This Sunday March 8th March 5, 2015

Filed under: International Student Services (ISS) — ISS @ 11:28 am

This Sunday, March 8th

 Daylight Saving Time Begins!


Don’t forget to:

Set your clock forward


Or you will be late for class on Monday .

… a friendly reminder from the ISS office!



Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 257 other followers

%d bloggers like this: