International Student Services Marketing Office
2 Positions Available Application Deadline: June 4, 2010
Position Description: (Student) General Office Assistant
19 hours per week @ $9 per hour
Must be willing to commit to 9-12 months of employment, during the 2010-11 academic year. Preferably June 16, 2010 through to June 15, 2011.
Typical Work (not limited to):
- Assist in coordinating marketing mailings through US Postal service, DHL and Fed Ex: to agents, to traveling staff, for fairs and exhibitions, etc. May deliver mail/packages to the Lynnwood Post Office.
- General office assistance as required: answering phones, filing and other duties as assigned.
- Help to maintain inventory of marketing supplies and promotional materials (brochures, posters, application forms, give-aways, etc.).
- Provide basic Edmonds CC information to the public: in person or on the phone.
- Assist with trip preparation: making appointments, booking hotels/flights, and preparing travel materials.
- Conduct occasional campus tours.
- Assist with regular cleaning and purging of all marketing materials.
- Translate/interpret when necessary (bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply, but knowledge of a secondary language is not required).
- Working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Applicant must be detailed oriented and be able to accomplish work with competing deadlines.
- Applicant must have good written and spoken English skills.
- This position is not eligible for federal or state work study funding.
- Completed application form
- Cover letter detailing experience and skills
- Resume detailing past work history
Please submit application materials to:
International Student Services, North or South Duplex
For questions: 425-640-1384 or email@example.com