Meet your new ISS University Transfer Advisor:
If you are working on your Associate of Arts or Science Transfer Degree, please come to the ISS Office to meet our new University Transfer Advisor, Ms. Mandy Mino-Cuasay!
Mandy has lots of knowledge and experience working with students who want to transfer to a university and will be happy to help you, too!
Mandy is available for appointments or during our drop-in hours. To schedule a time to meet with her, please come to the ISS Office in the N. Duplex, or call (425) 640-1518. You can also email Mandy directly at email@example.com.
Please come and say hello to her and make her feel welcomed at EdCC!
General Assistant, Front Office. This is a student part-time position.
Hours & Date Needed
Up to 19 hours per week. Need someone who speaks KOREAN. (Hours can be somewhat flexible and worked around class schedules if needed)
$8.75 an hour.
Now accepting applications, please submit with the application: Resume, cover letter, Questionaire & a copy of class schedules for Fall 2010. Come to ISS in the North Duplex and pick up an application packet. You may also contact Jeannie O’Mara, ISS Front Office Manager at, 425-640-1291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Friday, July 30th
Duties related to reception, appointment making, phones, greetings, as well as, routine clerical duties and use of typical office equipment: computers, fax machine, and copy machine. Other office related duties as assigned.
An out going person whom enjoys meeting and greeting people from different cultures. High School graduate or equivalent. Excellent English skills, both oral and written. Sensitivity to International issues. Patience with non-English speakers. Strong public relations skills. Accuracy and ability to be multi-tasked.
Previous experience working in an International office setting. Additional training beyond High School. Specific training related to office work and computers. Computers are PC and programs used are: Access, (Database), Microsoft Outlook, (Email & Calendar), and Word. Preferred, a student that will remain at EdCC for at least one year. Would also prefer, but is not required, applicants to already have obtained a Social Security Number.
Office environment, extremely busy with International issues.
Conditions for Employment:
You must document citizenship or employment authorization within 3 days time.
International Student Services Marketing Office
1 Position Available Application Deadline: August 13, 2010
Position Description: (Student) Chinese Language Office Assistant
19 hours per week @ $9 per hour
Must be willing to commit to employment during the 2010-11 academic year through Spring Quarter (June 2011). Preferred starting date September 1, 2010, but students taking summer vacation or returning home for a few weeks are welcome to apply!
Typical Work (not limited to):
- Will be required to translate/interprete English to Chinese and vice versa when necessary.
- Assist in coordinating marketing mailings through US Postal service, DHL and Fed Ex: to agents, to traveling staff, for fairs and exhibitions, etc. May deliver mail/packages to the Lynnwood Post Office or conduct campus tours to visitors.
- General office assistance as required: answering phones, filing and other duties as assigned.
- Help to maintain inventory of marketing supplies and promotional materials (brochures, posters, application forms, giveaways, etc.).
- Assist in the editing and creation of marketing materials: fliers, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Provide basic Edmonds CC information to the public: in person or on the phone.
- Assist with trip preparation: making appointments, booking hotels/flights, and preparing travel materials.
- Conduct occasional campus tours.
- Assist with regular cleaning and purging of all marketing materials.
- Working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Applicant must be detailed oriented and be able to accomplish work with competing deadlines.
- Applicant must have good written and spoken English and Mandarin Chinese skills.
This position is not eligible for federal or state work study funding.
- Completed application form
- Cover letter detailing experience and skills
- Resume detailing past work history
Please submit application materials to:
International Student Services, North or South Duplex
For questions: 425-640-1064 or email@example.com