International Student Services Marketing Office
1 Position Available Application Deadline: August 13, 2010
Position Description: (Student) Chinese Language Office Assistant
19 hours per week @ $9 per hour
Must be willing to commit to employment during the 2010-11 academic year through Spring Quarter (June 2011). Preferred starting date September 1, 2010, but students taking summer vacation or returning home for a few weeks are welcome to apply!
Typical Work (not limited to):
- Will be required to translate/interprete English to Chinese and vice versa when necessary.
- Assist in coordinating marketing mailings through US Postal service, DHL and Fed Ex: to agents, to traveling staff, for fairs and exhibitions, etc. May deliver mail/packages to the Lynnwood Post Office or conduct campus tours to visitors.
- General office assistance as required: answering phones, filing and other duties as assigned.
- Help to maintain inventory of marketing supplies and promotional materials (brochures, posters, application forms, giveaways, etc.).
- Assist in the editing and creation of marketing materials: fliers, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Provide basic Edmonds CC information to the public: in person or on the phone.
- Assist with trip preparation: making appointments, booking hotels/flights, and preparing travel materials.
- Conduct occasional campus tours.
- Assist with regular cleaning and purging of all marketing materials.
- Working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Applicant must be detailed oriented and be able to accomplish work with competing deadlines.
- Applicant must have good written and spoken English and Mandarin Chinese skills.
This position is not eligible for federal or state work study funding.
- Completed application form
- Cover letter detailing experience and skills
- Resume detailing past work history
Please submit application materials to:
International Student Services, North or South Duplex
For questions: 425-640-1064 or firstname.lastname@example.org