Internal applicants are current level 5 Intensive English (IESL) students completing one or more IESL section (Reading 5, Writing 5, Grammar 5 or Speaking / Listening) , and starting the College or International High School Completion program Winter Quarter 2011. Two meetings are scheduled for Fall Quarter; all level 5 IESL students must attend both meetings.
1. Internal Application Meeting #1: Information and Placement Tests
Date: Thursday, October 14th
Time: 4:00 PM – 5 PM
Location: Mukilteo Room 427 (MUK 427)
Description: In this meeting ISS advisors will provide students with important immigration and academic information about College and International High School Completion programs. Students will also receive permissions tickets to take required English and math placement tests.
2. Internal Application Meeting #2.: Registration
Date: Thursday, November 4th
Time: 4:00PM – 6PM
Location: Mountlake Terrace, Room 210 (MLT 210)
Description: Students will receive important academic advising information, including information about English and math placement results, how to register for college classes, College / International High School Completion advising resources, information about program planning sheets and university transfer.
1. Seattle Premium Outlet Shopping
Over 110 outlet stores with all-year-round discounts on clothing and other items from well-known brands.
Stores available include: Adidas, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, BCBG Max Azria, Burberry, Calvin Klein, Coach, DKNY, Guess, J.Crew, Joe’s Jeans, Kenneth Cole, Lacoste, Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren, Restoration Hardware, Tommy Hilfiger and more.
Join ISS on this afternoon shopping trip!
- Date: Friday, October 22nd
- Time: 2pm-6pm
- Ticket: $5.00
2. Harvest Dinner
This is a special ISS-sponsored event for family and friends to celebrate the changing seasons and enjoy dinner and entertainment together.
- Date: Friday, November 19th
- Time: 5pm-8pm
- Location: Woodway 202
- Student: $8.00
- Non-student: $11.00
- Kids (5-12): $5.00
- Staff: $5.00
Sign up and get your tickets in the ISS office!
Click HERE to see past Fall Quarter 2010 activities.
Messages from International High School Advisors:
- Academic Policy Did you receive our recent email about academic policies for high school students at EdCC? If not, please email us today at InternationalHS@edcc.edu. You are responsible for observing all the student behavior and attendance requirements and academic policies. As of this quarter, you must have a final grade of at least 1.0 to be given high school credit for a class.
- Transcripts Thank you to the many new students who have already brought us transcripts from their previous high school(s). Remember, official transcripts translated into English are required of all high school students. No transcripts, no graduation.
Reminder for Fall Quarter 2010: Make an educational planning appointment with your high school advisors: Starting October 15. You must turn in transcripts before you can make an appointment.
Reminders for Winter Quarter 2011:
- You should return to Edmonds no later than Sunday, Jan. 02
- If you miss the first day of class, you may be dropped by the instructor.
Watch for our next issue of the IHS Newsletter when our own International HS journalists will take over. If you have any topics or submissions for the next newsletter email us!
Contact your advisor! As your high school advisors, we welcome you to send us questions at InternationalHS@edcc.edu
Visit the International High School program website!
Institutional TOEFL Test
The EdCC Testing Center administers the Institutional TOEFL used for entrance at Edmonds Community College only.
Upcoming Fall Quarter 2010 Test Date and Registration Deadline:
- Registration Deadline: Friday, October 22nd
- Test Date: Friday, November 19th
Testing Fee is $40. Students must come to the Testing Center to register for the TOEFL and pick up an admission form booklet.
Test results are available the following Wednesday morning and will be posted outside the Testing Center.
Questions? Please contact the testing center at 425-640-1546.
For information on the International TOEFL to be used outside EdCC please visit the Educational Testing Service Network at ETS.org