INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PROGRAMMER POSITION
OBJECTIVES: (1) Primary responsibility is to assist the Associate Director of programming and other ISS staff with all tasks related to coordinating, promoting, and carrying out the quarterly international student Welcome Orientation Week (W.O.W.); (2) Secondary responsibility is to help plan and coordinate activities for international students; (3) To assist ISS staff with other projects as needed.
As assigned by the supervisor, the Student Programmer will help:
• plan, prepare, and execute the quarterly Welcome Orientation Week
• create materials for Welcome Orientation Week and quarterly activities;
• assist in training international assistants for Welcome Orientation Week;
• assist with activity programming each quarter by helping the ISS activity programmer promote cross cultural understanding and interaction among international and domestic students through scheduled activities such as the conversation partner program;
• attend meetings as needed with other student programmers on campus;
• other duties related to the objectives listed above as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS: Must be enthusiastic and motivated. Program planning and demonstrated leadership experience a plus. Good public speaking skills/listening and written communication skills a must, need to currently be enrolled in, or have taken EAP121/131; self motivated with leadership abilities; organizational skills and attention to details; Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher and Excel.
Must be available to work the entire academic year (End of Fall 2010 – End of Fall 2011).
NUMBER OF HOURS PER WEEK: Averaging 16 hours per week.
RATE OF PAY: $9.50. This is an hourly position.
To Apply: Please submit a one page cover letter describing how your past experiences have helped you develop skills that are relevant to this position as well as a copy of your unofficial transcript to the ISS north duplex front office or mail to: Jesse Aspree, International Student Services, EdCC, 20000 68th Ave. West, Lynnwood, WA, 98036.
Qualified applicants will be contacted and may be asked for more information relevant to the job position. The position will begin in December 2010. The posting will remain open until filled.
For any additional questions about this position, please email Jesse Aspree at: firstname.lastname@example.org