Dear International Students,
International Student Services would like to remind all EdCC international students about the EdCC policy against CHEATING.
- Taking a test/exam for another student
- Letting another student take a test/exam for you (online or in person!)
- Using a “cheat sheet” (list of answers) during a test
- Receiving or sending text messages during a test/ exam
- Using the internet to look up answers during a test/exam
- Turning in homework that another student did for you
- Allowing another student to copy your homework
CHEATING IS ALSO:
- Taking words that someone else wrote (from a paper, book, internet, pamphlet, textbook, etc.) and pretending that you wrote them. This is called PLAGIARISM!
IF YOU GET CAUGHT CHEATING:
- Teachers can give you a 0.0 (failing grade) for the homework assignment / test / exam / class
- The teacher can send you to meet with the Vice President of Student Services
- If you cheat more than once, you can get dismissed from the college and your I-20 can be canceled.
THIS IS A VERY SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF CHEATING AND PLAGIARISM. WE HAVE NOT INCLUDED EVERY EXAMPLE.
ISS ADVISORS ARE AVAILABLE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT CHEATING AND PLAGIARISM. YOU CAN ALSO TALK TO YOUR TEACHERS.
FOR MORE INFORMATION YOU CAN VISIT THESE LINKS:
- Information about citing sources from the Learning Support Center: http://www.edcc.edu/lsc/Handouts/2–Citing_a_Sources.php
- To read more information about the EdCC policy see here: http://www.edcc.edu/syllabus/plagiarism.php
- Student Rights, Freedoms, and Responsibilities: http://www.edcc.edu/stulife/government/student_discipline.php