Lunar New Year Dinner Fri. 2/4 ~ Get your tickets today! January 31, 2011
UW Bothell is coming to EdCC! January 28, 2011
University of Washington Bothell is coming to EdCC!
Located only 10 miles from Edmonds, the University of Washington Bothell offers you:
- The chance to earn a reputable UW degree
- Small class sizes with the resources of a world-renowned university
- Opportunities for scholarships, projects, internships and research
MEET WITH a UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON BOTHELL admissions advisor conveniently at Edmonds Community College’s International Student Services office:
Upcoming UW Bothell visits:
- Thursday, February 10 1 – 3:30 (ISS Office)
- Wednesday, March 2 12 – 3:00 (ISS Office)
To schedule an advising appointment, or to ask any questions, please email MOrtiz@uwb.edu
UWB will also be on campus Monday, January 31 from 2:00 – 4:00 for the University Transfer Fair, Brier and Snoqualmie Lobbies.
Student Medical Insurance January 21, 2011
Student Medical Insurance
EdCC international students are required to have medical insurance at all times while in the United States.
- EdCC Student Medical Insurance Plan:
- EdCC offers a student medical insurance plan through the Lewer Agency.
- Information about the insurance plan, including plan benefits, is conveniently available on the Lewer Website: www.lewermark.com.
- Click HERE for a summary of the plan.
- Contact Lewer: 1-800-821-7715
- Join Lewer on Facebook! www.facebook.com/LewerMark
- Edmonds LewerMark Insurance Personalized Homepage: www.lewermark.com/80001-00004
- All students must either buy the school’s health insurance with Lewer, or show proof of their own insurance. If you choose to buy your own insurance, you must show a copy of your insurance information to ISS by Friday January 28 (for Winter Quarter 2011).
Winter Quarter 2011 Important Dates
Monday January 3:
- College and High School classes begin
- Intensive English as a Second Language (IESL) placement testing: New IESL students meet in Woodway 202, at 10:00 A.M.
Tuesday January 4: IESL Registration. New & returning IESL students meet in Woodway 202 for IESL registration: IESL Levels 1, 2, & 3: 10:00 AM / IESL Levels 4 and 5: 1:00 PM.
Wednesday January 5:
- IESL classes begin
- Late registration begins (college). Online registration is no longer available after January 6. Special permission from the instructor is required to add any classes.
Saturday January 8: Last day for 100% refund (no refunds for IESL classes)
Friday January 14:
- Registration deadline for Fall Quarter 2010 (College and IHSC). College and IHSC students must be enrolled in at least 12 credits.
- A Late Add Petition is required to add (or re-add if dropped) any class after January 14, and a fee will be charged for each class. (Except late starting classes.) Visit the Enrollment Services website for information about Late Add Petitions.
- If you drop / withdraw from a class after January 14, you will receive a “W” on your transcript. To protect your IMMIGRATION status, international students must talk with an ISS advisor before dropping below 12 credits for ANY reason.
- Graduation Application Due! If you plan to graduate Fall Quarter 2010, you must apply for graduation by January 14.
Monday January 17: Martin Luther King Jr. Day – HOLIDAY – college closed, no classes
Monday January 24: Last day for 50% refund (no refunds for IESL)
Monday January 31: University Transfer Fair! Brier and Snoqualmie lobbies, 2-4PM
Thursday February 3: 1st Internal Application Meeting (for level 5 IESL students starting college or high school spring 2011)
Friday February 18:
- Last day to withdraw from a class. You will receive a “W” on your transcript. College students must talk with an ISS advisor before dropping below 12 credits for any reason.
- Last day to change credit/audit status – instructor signature required. Caution! College students must talk with an ISS advisor before auditing a class if it will result in less than 12 credits earned.
Monday February 21: President’s Day – HOLIDAY – college closed, no classes
Thursday, February 24: Spring Quarter 2011 online registration begins!
Thursday, March 3: 2nd Internal Application Meeting (for level 5 IESL students starting college or high school spring 2011)
Friday March 18: Last Day of Winter Quarter 2011
University Transfer Fair January 18, 2011
Monday, January 31st
2 – 4 pm
Brier and Snoqualmie Lobbies
Meet university representatives!
40 universities from all over the U.S. are sending admissions representatives to EdCC to meet you! Come talk to them about university transfer, including: the admissions process; programs of study; transfer tips; campus life and preparing your application.