International Student Services (ISS) Marketing Office
Student Part-Time Employment Opportunity
ONE Position Available
Application Deadline: April 22, 2011
Position Description: (Student) Chinese Language Office Assistant (You DO NOT have to be Chinese, just have Chinese language abilities.)
Up to 19 hours per week @ $9 per hour
Job Duration: 2011 – 2012 Academic Year (student must commit June 2011 – June 2012)
Students taking summer vacation or returning home for a few weeks are welcome to apply!
Typical Work (not limited to):
- Customer Service: Greet students, parents, or agents; give basic information about the college; direct them to the right place for help
- Translate/interpret English to Chinese and vice versa when necessary.
- Assist in the editing and creation of marketing materials: fliers, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Assist in coordinating marketing mailings through US Postal service, DHL and Fed Ex: to agents, to traveling staff, for fairs and exhibitions, etc. May deliver mail/packages to the Lynnwood Post Office.
- Help to maintain inventory of marketing supplies and promotional materials (brochures, posters, application forms, giveaways, etc.).
- Assist with trip preparation: making appointments, booking hotels/flights, and preparing travel materials
- Assist with social networking marketing on Facebook and sites in other countries
- Conduct campus tours
- General office assistance as required: answering phones, filing and other duties as assigned.
- Chinese language proficiency (You DO NOT have to be a native Chinese speaker. A translation test will be given at the time of the interview).
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Web Search Engines, Email, Social Networking Tools
- Must be in at least EAP 121
- Excellent customer service skills: be outgoing and personable; patient and friendly
- Organization skills; be detail-oriented
- Take initiative, self-motivated, can work well with others and independently
- Able to work in a multicultural setting
- Able to communicate with people with limited English
More on the Back
Desired Skills (Not required, but will greatly improve your chances)
- Microsoft Publisher
- Adobe Photoshop, InDesign OR Illustrator
- Proven experience in Edmonds CC events & activities
This position is not eligible for federal or state work study funding.
- Completed application form
- Cover letter detailing experience and skills related to the job
- Resume detailing past work, volunteer, or club history
- Unofficial Edmonds CC Transcript
Please submit application materials to:
International Student Services, North or South Duplex
For questions: 425-640-1384