INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PROGRAMMER
Primary responsibilities will include:
• assisting the Associate Director with the planning, preparation, and execution of the quarterly Welcome Orientation Week (WOW);
• developing quarterly programming by planning and implementing a range of activities that promote cross cultural understanding and interaction among international and domestic students;
• creating promotional materials for welcome orientation week and a quarterly activity calendar
• assisting in training international assistants for Welcome Orientation Week;
• reserving rooms for meetings and events;
• coordinating publicity and promotion of activities across campus;
• coordinating with the office of student life and other departments on campus to promote activities and events that benefit the international student population on campus;
• attending meetings as needed with other student programmers on campus;
• performing other duties related to the objectives listed above as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Must be enthusiastic and motivated. Program planning and demonstrated leadership experience helpful. Must have strong speaking/listening and written communication skills; demonstrated leadership abilities; organizational skills and attention to details; Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher and Excel. Must be available to work the entire academic year (Summer 2011-Summer 2012). This position is not OPT – eliglible.
NUMBER OF HOURS/TERMS: Up to 16 hrs. per week.
RATE OF PAY: $9.50. This is an hourly position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Please submit the following:
1) A current resume including education (with GPA) and any job or volunteer experience as well as how you have been involved on campus (ISS activities, clubs, etc).
2) A cover letter describing how your past experiences have helped you develop skills that are relevant to the position.
Please submit to the front desk at the ISS office, North Duplex. Deadline for applications is Friday, June 3rd.
If you have any questions, please contact Jesse Aspree at firstname.lastname@example.org