HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
WHERE TO SEE THE FIREWORKS:
Seattle – Family Fourth at Lake Union
Where:Gas Works Park (CLICK FOR MAP)
When: 12 Noon – 11pm
What to do: picnic, have fun, watch fireworks!
Fireworks: Start at 10pm
Directions: Take Bus 511 from Lynnwood Transit Center
Tip: get there early to save your spot!
Edmonds – Waterfront Parade and Fireworks
Where: Edmonds Downtown
When: Parade starts at 11:30AM
– see parade route map (click to enlarge)→
By 7:30PM, enjoy music and entertainment at Civic Stadium
Fireworks start at 10PM
Click here for the website
THE COLLEGE WILL BE CLOSED ON JULY 4TH IN OBSERVATION OF THE INDEPENDENCE DAY HOLIDAY
View more photos here: http://www.edcc.edu/stulife/commencement/
College and High School Students:
Avoid losing your spot in class!
Register NOW for Fall Quarter 2011
This is an important message to all CURRENT EdCC college and high school students: you must register for Fall Quarter 2011 NOW to save your seat in classes. If you do not register, classes may be full/closed. Do not delay until the end of summer to register for fall. Many classes are already full. It is important to save your seat so that classes do not close. If you have any problems with registration contact an advisor for help.
*REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR FALL 2011*
*This message is for current, continuing EdCC students. NEW students for Fall Quarter 2011 will register during Welcome Orientation Week.*
*High School students must make an appointment with a high school advisor in MUK 403 to register for classes. Send an email to your high school advisor: InternationalHS@edcc.edu
“I am going home for summer quarter, so why should I buy health insurance?”
QUESTION: It’s summer quarter, and many of you are going back to your home country on vacation. Then why do we recommend that you still buy the school’s health insurance?
ANSWERS: #1) Because you must have health insurance at ALL times while you are in the US. If you go home for part of the summer, you will still spend some time in the US before you go and after you return. You need insurance for those days!
#2) Another reason you need to keep your insurance is because of the preexisting condition exclusion in the health insurance policy. What’s that? A preexisting condition is a health issue that existed before. In some cases when you go to a doctor to treat a health issue that existed before, the insurance may not pay the doctor’s bill unless you wait for a period of time (for example 3 months).
Example of how preexisting conditions work with your school insurance:
- Spring Quarter (April , May, June) = you have the school insurance.
- Summer Quarter (June , July, August) you go home and you do not have insurance. Then while home, you get sick and so you go see a doctor for sickness “XXX” (for example, allergies, a broken toe, etc).
- Fall Quarter (September, October, November) you return to EdCC and you buy insurance again. Then you get sickness “XXX” again! So, you go to see a doctor here. This time it is a “preexisting condition,” so the insurance will not pay for it for 3 months – you have to pay for it yourself!
QUESTION: How do I avoid paying extra money because of preexisting conditions?
ANSWER: Buy insurance for Summer Quarter, even if you go home!
Health Insurance can save you a LOT of money!
Health care costs a lot of money in the United States. Here are examples of hospital costs without insurance:
• Chest X-Ray: $385
• Emergency Room Visit: $1,254
• Total bill for common appendix operation: $4,123
These are just some examples, real costs may be different depending on the situation.
If you have questions about health insurance or if you need help buying insurance for Summer Quarter 2011, please contact ISS! Thank you!
Remember to Register for Fall Quarter 2011!
Attention all college students:
NOW is the time to get your FALL schedule!
High School students need to see a HS Advisor in MUK 403.
- TUITION: To avoid being dropped from classes, tuition must be paid by September 30th 2011. We recommend paying tuition as soon as possible after registering for classes. If you are dropped, you may not be able to re-add your classes, which may result in problems with immigration.
- Please click HERE for more important reminders about registration.