International Student Services Marketing Office
4 Positions Available
Arabic, Mongolian, Thai and Turkish
Application Deadline: November 4, 2011
Position Description: (Student) Translator
Hours will vary each week depending upon office needs. Most work will be assigned and returned via email and completed at home. Office hours may be requested during orientation weeks and on an as needed basis. Hours will not exceed 19 during the quarter and 40 during scheduled breaks
$9 per hour
Typical Work (not limited to):
- Translate/interpret documents and promotional materials to be used by the ISS office for marketing and recruitment activities.
- May be asked to provide basic Edmonds CC information to the public, to agencies, or to government officials: in person, via email, or on the phone.
- May be asked to accompany and translate/interpret on occasional campus tours when needed.
- May be asked to translate/interpret for events such as new student orientation, parent/student visits or for meetings when needed.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word & Excel), some knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Applicant must be detailed oriented and be able to accomplish work independently, quickly and efficiently.
- Applicant must have good written and spoken English skills.
This position is not eligible for federal or state work study funding.
To Apply, submit the following:
- Completed Application Form (click to download)
- Cover letter and resume detailing past work experience/history and skills
- Translate sample (Translator Application – SAMPLE TEXT) from English into the language you are applying for (Arabic, Mongolian, Thai or Turkish)
Submit application materials to:
International Student Services, North or South Duplex
For questions: 425-640-1064 or firstname.lastname@example.org