Canadian Visas – New Procedures!
*Starting June 01, 2012 the Canadian Visa Office in Seattle will NOT take in-person visa applications*
- Applications must be submitted ONLY by mail or courier (UPS, DHL, etc.)
- All processed applications will be returned to applicants by mail only.
- The visa office in Seattle will not return your documents using courier services.
- Applications will take at least 6 weeks, so you must plan your trips to Canada much further in advance. You may want to apply at least 2 months in advance of your planned trip, to make sure you get the visa and passport returned to you in time for travel.
A few tips for applying for Canadian visas:
- Get a WA ID card before applying for the Canadian visa, because during the 6-week processing time you will not have your passport.
- Consider applying for multiple-entry visas to save money.
- Single entry: $75.
- Multiple entry: $150, good for up to 5 years (so might be given less time) or until passport expires.
- Pay careful attention to all the requirements, for example:
- You must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope of a specific size (see the website).
*Citizens of certain countries do NOT need a visa to visit Canada as a tourist.
To see a complete list of countries whose citizens DO require visas, please see the Canadian Consulate website here: