Canadian Visas – New Procedures!
*Starting June 01, 2012 the Canadian Visa Office in Seattle will NOT take in-person visa applications*
- Applications must be submitted ONLY by mail or courier (UPS, DHL, etc.)
- All processed applications will be returned to applicants by mail only.
- The visa office in Seattle will not return your documents using courier services.
- Applications will take at least 6 weeks, so you must plan your trips to Canada much further in advance. You may want to apply at least 2 months in advance of your planned trip, to make sure you get the visa and passport returned to you in time for travel.
A few tips for applying for Canadian visas:
- Get a WA ID card before applying for the Canadian visa, because during the 6-week processing time you will not have your passport.
- Consider applying for multiple-entry visas to save money.
- Single entry: $75.
- Multiple entry: $150, good for up to 5 years (so might be given less time) or until passport expires.
- Pay careful attention to all the requirements, for example:
- You must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope of a specific size (see the website).
*Citizens of certain countries do NOT need a visa to visit Canada as a tourist.
To see a complete list of countries whose citizens DO require visas, please see the Canadian Consulate website here:
TUITION DUE DATES
SUMMER AND FALL 2012
ATTENTION INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS!
COLLEGE AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS:
SUMMER QUARTER TUITION
All tuition and fees are due no later than 7 calendar days from the first day that you register for classes OR by the first day of the quarter, whichever comes first. Adding, dropping or re-registering does not extend your due date.
Summer Quarter Tuition Deadlines, for example:
|If you register
||Tuition is due
||July 2nd (the first day of the quarter)
Your classes will be dropped if you don’t pay by the due date listed on your registration form and you will need to re-register. However, your tuition will be due immediately after you re-register.
FALL QUARTER TUITION
If you register early, tuition is due at the time of registration. You must pay no later than AUGUST 23rd or your classes will be dropped. Please make plans to pay tuition before you leave on vacation.
How to Pay:
- Pay in person at the Cashier’s Office
The Cashier’s Office does accept credit card payments on the phone. If you have any questions about tuition payment, please come to the ISS office.
INTENSIVE ESL STUDENTS:
SUMMER AND FALL QUARTER TUITION FOR IESL STUDENTS
- Summer quarter: Registration for IESL classes is on Tuesday, July 3rd. All tuition and fees for IESL students are due on Friday, July 6th.
- Fall quarter: Registration for IESL classes is on Tuesday, September 25th. All tuition and fees for IESL students are due on Friday, September 28th.
SHOW YOUR CARE, DONATE YOUR HAIR
LOCKS OF LOVE
Wednesday, May 30th 2012
11 am – 1 pm
Brier 2nd floor
Locks of Love is a non-for-profit organization that provides the highest quality prosthetics to financially disadvantaged children with medical hair loss
Basic Hair Donation Guidelines:
- Hair must be minimum 6” or longer.
- Hair that is colored or permed is acceptable (as long as it is not colored over bleached hair).
- Layered hair is acceptable.
Students who donate their hair will get a free haircut by a professional hairstylist.
Sponsored by: Office of Student Life and Beige Blonde Salon
For more information or an appointment contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Residence Hall and Homestay students,
If you have been in Housing for a year or more and you are graduating, we would like to know about this special offer. We would like to honor our graduating students, and we have a gift for you to wear at graduation. These stoles (see photo below), will show your pride for being part of our housing community.
Please contact Luke Botzheim, Housing Director, Student Housing at email@example.com to let him know if you are graduating and if you would like a stole. Thanks!