ISS is currently accepting applications for a part-time hourly student position as the ISS programmer for 2013-14. Please see the announcement below. Deadline to apply is 6/3/13, or until the position is filled. Must be able to commit to one full year. This position is not eligible for OPT.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMMER
Responsibilities will include:
• assisting ISS staff with the planning, preparation, and execution of the quarterly Welcome Orientation Week
• developing quarterly programming by planning and implementing a range of activities that promote cross cultural understanding and interaction among international and domestic students;
Duties may include:
• creating promotional materials for Welcome Orientation Week and a quarterly activity calendar;
• assisting in training international assistant volunteers for Welcome Orientation Week;
• reserving rooms for meetings and events;
• coordinating publicity and promotion of activities across campus;
• coordinating with the Center for Student Engagement and Leadership and other departments on campus to promote activities and events that benefit the international student population on campus;
• attending meetings as needed with other student programmers and staff on campus;
• performing other duties related to the objectives listed above as assigned by supervisors
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Must be an enthusiastic and motivated individual who possesses a high level of speaking/listening and written communication skills. Candidate should have good organizational skills and attention to details. Program planning and demonstrated leadership experience preferred, but not required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and be able to write clear emails. Must be available to work the entire academic year including summer quarter (summer quarter 2013-summer quarter 2014).
NUMBER OF HOURS/TERMS: Up to 16 hours per week.
RATE OF PAY: $9.50/hr. This is an hourly position.
APPLICATION: Please submit a cover letter describing how your past experiences have helped you develop skills that are relevant to the position AND resume to the ISS office in the Glacier building. ISS is seeking to fill the vacancy starting mid-June.
The deadline for applications is 6/3/13 before 5:00pm, or until filled.
If you have any questions, please email Jesse Aspree at: firstname.lastname@example.org