Student Part-time Position at ISS April 27, 2017
WANTED! Part-time Marketing Assistant
SALARY: $11 per hour, up to 19 hours per week
HOURS: Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, including vacation and summer
OPENING DATE: April 27, 2017
CLOSING DATE: May 19, 2017
DESCRIPTION: This is a part time student position in the International Student Services (ISS) office in the Marketing and Recruitment area. The Marketing Assistant will directly support and report to the Associate Director of International Marketing. Duties include preparing and shipping printed marketing materials for prospective international students, creating digital materials i.e. PowerPoint presentations, flyers, etc., provide campus tours for prospective students and visitors, and respond to prospective students and parents inquiries via emails and over the phone. Assist with marketing and recruitment related activities such as parent orientation, scholarship ceremony, etc. Other duties include appointment making, answering phone calls, greeting office visitors, use of typical office equipment: phones, computers, and copy machine.
For information on applying, please see Application Procedures and Required Documents, below.
- Currently enrolled at Edmonds Community College
- Excellent customer service skills
- Friendly, energetic, hardworking
- Outgoing, enjoy meeting people from all over the world
- Strong verbal and writing skills in English
- Ability to multi task, accurately, in a fast paced environment
- Computer skills: Google (Apps, calendar and Gmail), Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize work, functions within timelines, and work cooperatively with populations representing diverse background, life experiences, and abilities.
- Detailed oriented and able to produce accurate work
- Preferred – Applicant remain in this position for a minimum of one year
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
Please email the following documents and any questions regarding this position to Martha Acosta-Pieters, Director of International Marketing at email@example.com
- Cover letter explaining why you want to work as a Marketing Assistant in ISS
- Completed questionnaire
- Copy of your current class schedule
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT: Physical duties entail working at a desk/computer station, operating a typewriter, personal computer, multi-line phone system and other standard office equipment. These duties require repetitive arm and hand movements including filing, assembling materials, handwriting, keyboarding, etc.; sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time; and delivering and retrieving materials on other parts of campus. Ability to lift and carry boxes up to 10 pounds that contain printed materials. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential. This includes the ability to speak clearly and fully comprehend written and spoken English, and will include communication with people for whom English is a second language.
Part-time Jobs Available in ISS April 27, 2016
EDMONDS COMMUNITY COLLEGE
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICES (ISS)
Invites applications for the positions of:
- Front Office Assistant Questionnaire
CLICK ABOVE FOR DETAILS and to download the application questionnaire.
Student, Part-Time Position Opening:
International Student Services
Position Title: Marketing Assistant, International Student Services. This is a student part-time position.
Hours & Date Needed: Up to 19 hours per week. Hours can be somewhat flexible and worked around class schedules if needed. Normal office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
Wage: $10.50 an hour
Application Procedure: Please email applications to Christina Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a resume, cover letter, and a copy of your class schedule for Spring 2016
Closing Date: 5:00 p.m. Thursday, March 17, 2016. Interviews will begin the week of March 21st. The position will begin during Spring Quarter 2016 (though may start earlier, if possible).
Position Description: The Marketing Assistant will directly support and report to the Associate Director of International Marketing. Duties include preparing and shipping printed marketing materials for prospective international students, creating digital materials i.e. PowerPoint presentations, providing campus tours for prospective students and visitors, and communicating directly with prospective students in response to general inquiries. Other duties include appointment making, answering phone calls, greeting office visitors, use of typical office equipment: phones, computers, and copy machine.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Works well independently as well as in a team
- Accuracy and ability to be multi-tasked
- Computer skills: proficiency in database management, Microsoft Office (including Excel and PowerPoint), and Google Apps (Gmail, Drive, Calendars)
- Out-going personality and enjoys meeting and greeting people from different cultures
- Sensitivity to international issues and demonstrates patience with non-English speakers
- Strong customer services and public relations skills
- Previous experience working in an international office setting
- Additional training beyond High School
- Specific training related to office work and computers
- *Prefer a student that will remain at EdCC for at least one (1) year and will be available to work during Summer Quarter 2016.
Physical Environment: Fast-paced, office environment. May need to carry items up to 25 lbs.
Conditions for Employment: You must provide citizenship documentation or employment authorization within 3 days time.