International Student Services (ISS) NEWS

Edmonds Community College

Summer Quarter Reminders May 22, 2015

Are you planning to GO HOME or take a VACATION quarter this SUMMER?

  •  College and High School students do not need to report to ISS plans to go home or take a vacation quarter for summer.
  • Intensive English as a Second Language (IESL) students must submit a STUDENT STATUS REPORT  to report plans to go home or request approval for a vacation quarter (any quarter).
    • IESL student eligibility for vacation in the US: you must have completed three full time quarters (fall 2014, winter 2015, spring 2015) AND plan to return for fall 2015. You MUST request a vacation and get approval before summer quarter.
    • IESL students may go home any quarter, it is not necessary to finish 3 full time quarters. You must submit a STUDENT STATUS REPORT + COPY OF PLANE TICKET, and plan to be outside the US for 60 or more days.
    • IESL pre-registration information will be given in class.

Don’t forget to get your I-20 signed before you travel! Visit the ISS office today!

Questions? Visit the ISS office!

ISS Hours: Mon-Fri 9AM – 5PM

Drop-in Advising (quick questions) 9:30-10:30 (except Wed) and 3:30-4:30

To schedule appointments, stop by or call (425) 640 – 1518


Travel signature reminder from ISS March 11, 2015

Are you planning to travel during the spring break?

Don’t forget to get a signature on your I-20 before you go!

Bring your passport and I-20 to the ISS office

anytime during regular business hours, 9AM to 5PM M-F

No appointment or drop in visit necessary for travel signatures March 9th to 20th


Registration reminders and NEW rules for vacation quarters February 19, 2015

Registration for spring quarter begins  Feb. 24th. Click here to check your registration time.

Remember these important reminders:

  • To maintain F-1 status, you must take at least 12 credits every quarter
  • Online classes limit: you must take at least 7 credits on campus or hybrid.

Important: NEW rules for vacation quarters!:

  • Starting spring 2015, all college and high school students are required to study full time fall, winter and spring quarters.
  • Summer is the only vacation quarter. You cannot take spring as a vacation.

If you will go home for one or more quarters, please submit a Student Status Report form online. Remember to check with an ISS Advisor before making plans to take a quarter off.

Questions? Please visit the ISS office.


Get Your Travel Signature Before You Go! June 5, 2014

Before you travel home this summer:

Remember to visit the ISS office to ask for a signature on page 3 of your I-20!




Don’t wait, get your travel signature today!


10:30 am to 11:30 am (except Wed)


3:30 pm to 4:30 pm Mon-Fri


IESL students planning to go home for summer must submit a Student Status Report form and a flight schedule copy to the ISS office.  Or, vacation (staying in the US) requests must be submitted to ISS before summer quarter begins July 2nd. To be eligible for a vacation, IESL students must complete three full time quarters (fall, winter and spring).


College students do not need to submit a Student Status Report for summer quarter. Remember to register for summer and/or fall classes! Remember that fall quarter early registration is available and tuition is not due until August 20th. Save your spot in the classes that you need!



ISS Online Forms: Letter Requests, Vacations, Going Home April 23, 2013


Address Change Form for International Students

Invitation Letter Request Form: Support letters for your visitors to the US.

Letter Request Form:

  • Confirmation
  • Canada Visa
  • Visa Renewal
  • WA ID / Driver’s License (Note: If you already have a US Social Security Number, you do not need a letter from ISS)
  • OPT-SSN# *Must have OPT approval and give ISS a copy of EAD card.
  • SSN for on-campus job *Must submit job offer letter to ISS for processing.

Student Status Report Form

  • IESL Student: vacation request or going home (all quarters including summer)
    • Vacation in the U.S. (any quarter)
    • Going home for one quarter (any quarter)
    • Going home for more than one quarter
  • College and High School students:
    • Going Home (College and HS) Fall, Winter or Spring
    • Graduating
    • Concurrent Enrollment (College only)


1. ISS Blog:

2. EdCC Website:

Thank you for using the ISS online forms!



%d bloggers like this: