ISS Front Office is Hiring – Vietnamese Speaker Needed! January 10, 2018
Job Opportunity: ISS Office is Hiring June 1, 2017
Part-time Jobs Available in ISS April 27, 2016
EDMONDS COMMUNITY COLLEGE
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICES (ISS)
Invites applications for the positions of:
- Front Office Assistant Questionnaire
CLICK ABOVE FOR DETAILS and to download the application questionnaire.
Student, Part-Time Position Opening:
International Student Services
Position Title: Marketing Assistant, International Student Services. This is a student part-time position.
Hours & Date Needed: Up to 19 hours per week. Hours can be somewhat flexible and worked around class schedules if needed. Normal office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
Wage: $10.50 an hour
Application Procedure: Please email applications to Christina Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a resume, cover letter, and a copy of your class schedule for Spring 2016
Closing Date: 5:00 p.m. Thursday, March 17, 2016. Interviews will begin the week of March 21st. The position will begin during Spring Quarter 2016 (though may start earlier, if possible).
Position Description: The Marketing Assistant will directly support and report to the Associate Director of International Marketing. Duties include preparing and shipping printed marketing materials for prospective international students, creating digital materials i.e. PowerPoint presentations, providing campus tours for prospective students and visitors, and communicating directly with prospective students in response to general inquiries. Other duties include appointment making, answering phone calls, greeting office visitors, use of typical office equipment: phones, computers, and copy machine.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Works well independently as well as in a team
- Accuracy and ability to be multi-tasked
- Computer skills: proficiency in database management, Microsoft Office (including Excel and PowerPoint), and Google Apps (Gmail, Drive, Calendars)
- Out-going personality and enjoys meeting and greeting people from different cultures
- Sensitivity to international issues and demonstrates patience with non-English speakers
- Strong customer services and public relations skills
- Previous experience working in an international office setting
- Additional training beyond High School
- Specific training related to office work and computers
- *Prefer a student that will remain at EdCC for at least one (1) year and will be available to work during Summer Quarter 2016.
Physical Environment: Fast-paced, office environment. May need to carry items up to 25 lbs.
Conditions for Employment: You must provide citizenship documentation or employment authorization within 3 days time.