Part-time Jobs Available in ISS April 27, 2016
EDMONDS COMMUNITY COLLEGE
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICES (ISS)
Invites applications for the positions of:
- Front Office Assistant Questionnaire
CLICK ABOVE FOR DETAILS and to download the application questionnaire.
Student, Part-Time Position Opening:
International Student Services
Position Title: Marketing Assistant, International Student Services. This is a student part-time position.
Hours & Date Needed: Up to 19 hours per week. Hours can be somewhat flexible and worked around class schedules if needed. Normal office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
Wage: $10.50 an hour
Application Procedure: Please email applications to Christina Nelson at email@example.com. Please include a resume, cover letter, and a copy of your class schedule for Spring 2016
Closing Date: 5:00 p.m. Thursday, March 17, 2016. Interviews will begin the week of March 21st. The position will begin during Spring Quarter 2016 (though may start earlier, if possible).
Position Description: The Marketing Assistant will directly support and report to the Associate Director of International Marketing. Duties include preparing and shipping printed marketing materials for prospective international students, creating digital materials i.e. PowerPoint presentations, providing campus tours for prospective students and visitors, and communicating directly with prospective students in response to general inquiries. Other duties include appointment making, answering phone calls, greeting office visitors, use of typical office equipment: phones, computers, and copy machine.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Works well independently as well as in a team
- Accuracy and ability to be multi-tasked
- Computer skills: proficiency in database management, Microsoft Office (including Excel and PowerPoint), and Google Apps (Gmail, Drive, Calendars)
- Out-going personality and enjoys meeting and greeting people from different cultures
- Sensitivity to international issues and demonstrates patience with non-English speakers
- Strong customer services and public relations skills
- Previous experience working in an international office setting
- Additional training beyond High School
- Specific training related to office work and computers
- *Prefer a student that will remain at EdCC for at least one (1) year and will be available to work during Summer Quarter 2016.
Physical Environment: Fast-paced, office environment. May need to carry items up to 25 lbs.
Conditions for Employment: You must provide citizenship documentation or employment authorization within 3 days time.
F-1 Visa Employment Options July 23, 2015
Dear EdCC International Students,
International Student Services wants to remind you that working illegally is a very serious violation of your F-1 visa.
Working illegally is any type of employment done without permission, and can result in falling out of status and SEVIS termination. Working illegally is not worth the risk!
The good news is that there are legal options for F-1 students to work.
F-1 employment options are limited to:
on campus jobs:
Any F-1 student in good status and not on probation can look for and accept an on campus job, then ask for ISS approval through the EdCC Human Resources office.
optional practical training (“OPT”):
OPT is work authorization for on or off campus jobs, in a field related to your studies. OPT is typically done after completing a degree. You must apply for an employment authorization card/document (“EAD”) from US Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”).
curricular practical training (“CPT”):
Job or internship that is related to your studies, such as a credited internship class. Approval from ISS required before starting a CPT job or internship.
You must be in good F-1 status to work on campus or get a job with OPT or CPT.
ISS Advisors can help explain the options. Please visit ISS if you want more information.