International Student Services (ISS) NEWS

Edmonds Community College

Traveling? Get Your I-20 Signed Before You Go! March 13, 2017


Come to ISS for a Signature on Your I-20 Before You Travel November 14, 2016

Traveling during the break?


Get your I-20 signed before you go home or travel!

Bring your passport and I-20 to ISS, anytime, no appointment necessary.

I-20 signing hours in ISS:

Monday – Friday 9:00am-4:30pm

Please note, I-20 signing is not available from 12:00-1:00pm



Travel through Canada – important update! March 11, 2016

Filed under: Immigration — ISS @ 11:08 am
Tags: ,

Are you flying through Canada to go home? 

If so, this information is important!


Starting March 15th, 2016, visa exempt travelers from certain countries are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) BEFORE landing in Canada by plane.


Find out if you need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor visa


What is an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)?

Are you traveling to Canada by land (car, bus, train) or sea (boat)?

If you are from a country that is exempt from getting a travel visa, you do NOT need to have an eTA to enter Canada. However, you should always check if you are from a country that is required to apply for a travel visa to enter Canada. You can find out from here:


I-20 Signatures for Travel August 12, 2015

Are you traveling during the break after summer quarter?

Get your I-20 signed before you go home or travel during the break!


Bring your passport and I-20 to ISS, anytime, no appointment necessary.

ISS Hours:

Monday – Thursday


Friday 9:00am-12:00pm

*DAILY: no I-20 signatures 12:00-1:30pm*



Summer Quarter Reminders May 22, 2015

Are you planning to GO HOME or take a VACATION quarter this SUMMER?

  •  College and High School students do not need to report to ISS plans to go home or take a vacation quarter for summer.
  • Intensive English as a Second Language (IESL) students must submit a STUDENT STATUS REPORT  to report plans to go home or request approval for a vacation quarter (any quarter).
    • IESL student eligibility for vacation in the US: you must have completed three full time quarters (fall 2014, winter 2015, spring 2015) AND plan to return for fall 2015. You MUST request a vacation and get approval before summer quarter.
    • IESL students may go home any quarter, it is not necessary to finish 3 full time quarters. You must submit a STUDENT STATUS REPORT + COPY OF PLANE TICKET, and plan to be outside the US for 60 or more days.
    • IESL pre-registration information will be given in class.

Don’t forget to get your I-20 signed before you travel! Visit the ISS office today!

Questions? Visit the ISS office!

ISS Hours: Mon-Fri 9AM – 5PM

Drop-in Advising (quick questions) 9:30-10:30 (except Wed) and 3:30-4:30

To schedule appointments, stop by or call (425) 640 – 1518


%d bloggers like this: