ISS Programmer Job Available April 10, 2015
ISS IS NOW HIRING!
Primary responsibilities will include:
· Assisting the Program Coordinator with the planning, preparation, and execution of the quarterly Welcome Orientation Week (WOW);
· Developing quarterly programming by planning and implementing a range of activities that promote cross cultural understanding and interaction among international and domestic students;
· Creating promotional materials for Welcome Orientation Week and a quarterly activity calendar
· Assisting in training international assistants for Welcome Orientation Week;
· Reserving rooms for meetings and events;
· Attending meetings as needed with other student programmers on campus;
· Performing other duties related to the objectives listed above as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· Experienced in program and activities planning
· Demonstrated leadership abilities, organizational skills and attention to details
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Excel with an interest in design
· Strong English speaking/listening and written communication skills
· Enthusiastic and self-motivated
· Available to work for one academic year, including quarter breaks (Summer 2015 – Spring 2016).
NUMBER OF HOURS: Up to 19 hrs/per week
RATE OF PAY: $10. This is a part-time, hourly student position.
Please submit the following to the ISS Office, Glacier Building:
· A current resume with any job or volunteer experience.
· A cover letter describing how your past experiences have helped you develop skills that are relevant to the position as well as how you have been involved on campus (ISS activities, clubs, etc).
· Unofficial Transcript.
· Letter of Recommendation (Optional).
If you have any questions, please email Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS WEDNESDAY, MAY 13th
International Assistant Program Fall 2014 August 7, 2014
International Assistant Program
Attention EdCC international students! ISS is accepting applications for the fall 2014 International Assistant Program.
September 11th & 12th: IA Training
September 15th – September 19th: Welcome Orientation Week
International Student Services offers International Assistant Program to EdCC students who are interested in volunteering at new international student orientation called Welcome Orientation Week (W.O.W.). It’s a culturally enriching experience that will help you expand your leadership and communication skills. This program is also a great addition to job applications and resumes, and all International Assistants will receive a certificate after the completion of the program.
If you are interested, applications are available online at:
(Hard-copy of the application and handouts are available at both ISS buildings)
For more information, please contact Orientation Programmer Muuduu: